Makar Sankranti Khichdi Recipe: It is the festive season and no pageant is full with out particular delicacies. There’s a particular recipe for each pageant.
It is Makar Sankranti on Friday, January 14, and the pageant is greatest celebrated with khichdi.
Makar Sankranti is even referred to as the khichdi pageant due to a well-liked perception — rice is taken into account to be the image of the Moon, urad dal is taken into account the image of Saturn, and greens are mentioned to be the image of Mercury. It’s believed that this tremendous meals helps hold your planetary place robust.
Allow us to share a scrumptious khichdi recipe that so that you can take pleasure in on Makar Sankranti. Have a look:
1. Rice: 2 cups
2. Moong dal: 2 cups
3. Peas: 1 cup
4. Cabbage: 1 cup
5. 2 small potatoes, reduce into squares
6. 2 small tomatoes, chopped
7. Finely chopped 4 inexperienced chillies
8. Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
9. Asafoetida: A pinch
10. Cumin seeds: 2 tsp
11. Salt to style
12. Ghee: 2-3 tsp
13. Garam masala: 1 tsp
1. Clear and wash the rice and the moong dal.
2. Now, put the stress cooker on medium warmth, and add the ghee.
3. Put cumin seeds as soon as the ghee is sizzling. Then add inexperienced chilies, turmeric, and asafoetida and cook dinner for a minute.
4. Time so as to add peas, potatoes, cabbage, and chopped tomatoes. Fry for 4 minutes.
5. Add moong dal and rice, and stir.
6. Put three cups of water, garam masala, and salt and shut the stress cooker lid.
7. Flip off the flame after 3-4 whistles
8. Your moong dal khichdi is prepared. Eat it with curd, pickle, chutney or raita.