15.7 C
Chandigarh
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
HomeIndiaCongress MLAs urge Thackeray to commit ₹1 lakh ex gratia for Covid...

Congress MLAs urge Thackeray to commit ₹1 lakh ex gratia for Covid victims to power Centre pay its share

Maharashtra Congress Legislature Get together on Wednesday wrote to chief minister Uddhav Thackeray, urging him to commit 1 lakh for households of coronavirus illness (Covid-19) victims as per the norms of the Nationwide Catastrophe Administration Authority (NDMA) in order that the central authorities is compelled to announce its share of 3 lakh for every Covid demise. The letter acknowledged that the State Catastrophe Response Power (SDRF) norms require 75% of 4 lakh to be paid by the central authorities and the remaining 25% by the state authorities.

“We request that you commit to upholding the state government’s share of 4 lakh as ex gratia payment so that it pressurizes the Central government to fulfil its commitment to the affected citizens,” the letter learn.

In September, the central authorities knowledgeable the Supreme Court docket after the repeated extension of the deadline that households of those that died of Covid-19 will obtain an ex gratia of 50,000 from the SDRF. The compensation can be paid for future Covid-related deaths as properly.

Referring to the Centre’s submission to the Supreme Court docket, the Maharashtra CLP stated the “meagre amount” is inadequate. It additional harassed that the central authorities ought to implement its earlier order notified by the ministry of house affairs in March 2020 by which it “committed disbursement of ex gratia payment” of 4 lakh for every Covid-related fatality.

The Maharashtra CLP criticised the Centre’s argument for not offering 4 lakh as compensation by which it had stated that it could depart the federal government with inadequate capital to take care of Covid-19 itself.

“We cannot understand how the Central government continues to collect taxes through rising fuel prices on one hand and provide discal reliefs to big corporates on the other hand and it continues to deny much-needed relief to the citizens,” it stated.

Shut Story

Supply hyperlink

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular